Recently, I turned the big 2-1 ! It was something I had been looking forward too for the past six years. As the day got closer, I decided to reflect on all that I have learned so far in my 21 years. These are just a few things that life has taught me so far...
21 Things I've Learned in 21 Years...
1. As cliché as it sounds, nothing in life matters more than happiness and health
2. Never take your loved ones for granted because they could be here one day, and gone the next
3. If you are lucky enough to have a dog, never dread taking him or her for a walk even if it’s cold or if you’re tired. Once they are gone you’ll want nothing more than to go for one more walk with your best friend
4. Try not to hurt the ones you love, hurting them will hurt you even more
5. When cutting an avocado, MAKE SURE you use a spoon to get the pit out. I learned that the hard way
6. Appreciate everything your parents do for you
7. Don’t hold a grudge, it takes up too much time and energy
8. Don’t try to take the easy route, sometimes the hard way is the best way
9. It could always be worse….
10. You create your own luck
11. When you first start drinking, take it easy… don’t start off with vodka
12. Make sure you are always there for your sibling, they are the only ones that you really have
13. Travel the world with your best friends, even if you come home with zero dollars... all of the memories are worth it
14. The only person that will make you happy is yourself
15. Adopting an animal is genuinely the best decision you will ever make
16. Boston is the greatest city
17. If you want something, go out and get it yourself
18. You may not always be the prettiest, smartest, skinniest but you can always be the nicest
19. Find a real ID that looks like you, so much better than a fake one of yourself
20. Rejection sucks but it truly builds character
21. Never change for anyone.